CMCVB members can promote any of their events on the site calendar for free, as well as edit their organization listings that appear on the site any time they wish. This information is handled by the Social Web, a Worcester based project run by Daedal Creations, Inc.
Many members may use the Social Web already to promote their events since it powers many of the local newspapers like the Pulse, Worcester Magazine, and the T&G Online; the city of Worcester website; and many other tourism websites. Since the CMCVB uses the Social Web as well, it saves everyone time and avoids having to duplicate work since you can enter your information once and have it appear in multiple places.
Since the Social Web is available to the general public, and is separate from the member-only services provided on the main CMCVB site, you must have a separate Social Web account, but you can make the usernames and passwords the same if you wish.
- If you already have a Social Web account, you can use this to update the information that appears on the CMCVB site.
- If you don't have a Social Web account, you can create one for free. It's best to use a generic e-mail address such as info [at] group [dot] com when creating your account so that other people may use the account if you change positions or leave the organization. Get a Social Web Account.
Updating Your Venue Listing(s)
- Find your venue in the "Places to Go" section. If it is not in the system already, you may need to enter it using the "Suggest New Place" menu item on the left.
- Under the title of your venue, you will either see a link "Report Incorrect or Missing Information" or "Edit Place". Reporting information is available to the general public to notify the Social Web of basic changes and must be reviewed by the Social Web administrator. If you see Edit Place, you are known to be the owner of the venue and can edit the listings and changes take place instantly. If you are the owner of the venue and do not have this option, e-mail webmaster [at] socialweb [dot] net to request editing ability.
- You can add as many events as you would like to appear on the CMCVB calendar. You can use the link at the bottom of the calendar of events to do this, or add an event on the main Social Web site.
- Towards the bottom of the page you will have the option to suggest your event be added to other calendars including the CMCVB site. You will see three options, public events for events open to the public, private events which are only open to your members, and visitor guide for events you wish to appear in the CMCVB Visitor Guide.
- When you submit the add event form, your event will instantly appear on the Social Web site. Your events will appear on the other calendars you select after they are approved by the owner of those calendars. You can view your event at any time to see the status of your requests.
- If the information for your event changes, you can go back and modify your events at any time. Because of this, it is recommended to enter events as early as possible to get the most visibility on websites and search engines. You can always add more details as they become available.
The CMCVB has been using the Social Web since 2002 and now it's our tool for collecting information for the Visitor Guide and your business info. Be sure to keep your venue information and major events up-to-date so they will be available for printing deadlines.